Dear Narberth Dental Group Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We have been eager to get back to work and have missed seeing everyone’s smiling faces! We are happy to announce that our office will be re-opening in mid-June and we are so excited to welcome you back.
We wanted to reach out to give you an update regarding our practice plans moving forward in this new era of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are closely following the guidelines of the PA Department of Health, the CDC, the ADA, and OSHA. We want to emphasize to our patients that the measures we are taking go above and beyond the requirements of these organizations.
The health and well-being of our patients and our team is, as always, our top priority. We have been working hard doing research and due diligence during this period of closure to ensure everyone’s safety upon our return. We wanted to share with you the new protocols we have implemented and investments we have made to provide a safe environment for everyone:
- New scheduling structure to space out appointments to allow for social distancing and time for extra disinfection and sterilization
- New software for enhanced patient communication which will enable us to text and email appointment reminders
- Implementation of a “virtual waiting room” where patients will text or call upon arrival in our parking lot (or ring our new doorbell at our parking lot door); a staff member will come out to check you in
- Patient and staff screening prior to entering the practice (medical questionnaire and temperature screening with an infrared thermometer – all patients with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to reschedule their appointment)
- We ask that adult and orthodontic patients enter the building alone, while younger children may be accompanied by one parent or guardian
- All patients must enter and exit the office wearing masks or face covering
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations throughout the office
- Oransi EJ120 Air Purifiers (same equipment used in the Javits Center COVID-19 Hospital in NY) have been added to every treatment room – w/ Medical Grade True HEPA Filter (MERV-17)
- Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier has been added to the waiting room
- Reme Halo Air Purification System has been installed in the HVAC system
- Plexiglass Dividers/Sneeze Guards installed in the reception area
- Installed Isolite high-speed suction devices for use during dental procedures to reduce aerosols
- Pre-procedural oral rinses have been added to every patient visit
- Clinical staff have increased their level of personal protective equipment to include respirator masks, face shields, gowns, head coverings, and shoe coverings
- Non-clinical staff will be wearing masks and gloves (as needed)
Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. We thank you for entrusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Katie Miller, DMD and the entire staff at Narberth Dental Group